The easiest way to remember cantankerous is to break it into Kaan+tank +rasta.
So cantankerous is used to describe an aggressive person who fights without provocation and jo Kaan(ear) mein Tank ghusa deta hai chilla chilla ke!
Meanings of Cantankerous
1. a contentious person
2. Stubborn and ill-tempered
3. a disagreeable or peevish person
Usage examples for Cantankerous
1. A cantankerous neighbor is very difficult to deal with.
2. His cantankerous nature made him fit for the job of a lawyer.
3. He was cantankerous and a sore loser.
– bad-tempered, bearish, captious, choleric, cranky